[lustre-devel] Auster and no facet /usr/sbin/lctl

Andreas Dilger adilger at whamcloud.com
Thu Jul 18 11:56:49 PDT 2019

On Jul 18, 2019, at 04:29, Baptiste Gerondeau <baptiste.gerondeau at linaro.org> wrote:

> Thank you very much for your quick help !
> I reformatted and remounted everything from scratch and can confirm that mounting works, and that the client can communicate with the MDS (210, OSS is 211 and client 212):
[snip]
> [root at x8602 tests]# lctl which_nid 10.40.24.210 at tcp
> 10.40.24.210 at tcp
> [root at x8602 tests]# lfs df -ih
> UUID                      Inodes       IUsed       IFree IUse% Mounted on
> test-MDT0000_UUID           4.0M         272        4.0M   1% /lustre[MDT:0]
> test-OST0000_UUID         640.0K         267      639.7K   0% /lustre[OST:0]
>
> filesystem_summary:       640.0K         272      639.7K   0% /lustre
>
> [root at x8602 tests]#  ls -lsah /lustre/
> total 12K
> 4.0K drwxr-xr-x   3 root root 4.0K Jul 18 11:03 .
> 4.0K dr-xr-xr-x. 19 root root 4.0K Jun 28 11:43 ..
> 4.0K -rw-r--r--   1 root root   14 Jul 18 11:03 test.txt
>
> I get the same output from auster though:
> Client: Lustre version: 2.12.0
> MDS: No host defined for facet /usr/sbin/lctl

This looks like some kind of problem with the test configuration file, where an environment variable is not set (e.g. mds_HOST) and it is interpreting the next argument (the lctl command) as the target facet when calling do_facet() or similar?

If "llmount.sh" works, then you are also able to run tests directly like:

client# cd lustre/tests
client# sh sanity.sh

I don't use auster myself (it is just a wrapper around lower-level scripts), so I can't really comment where the problem might be.

Cheers, Andreas