[lustre-devel] asynchronous I/O in lustre

Cable, Sam sam.cable at lmco.com
Thu Dec 3 09:40:22 PST 2020

I am investigating the use of asynchronous I/O in Lustre.  (FWIW, I am new to async I/O.  And although I am  a long time user of Lustre file systems, I am new to developing specifically in Lustre as well.)  I have a couple of questions.

It is my understanding that Lustre did not support async I/O for a while, but reintroduced it at some point.  Can anyone tell me in which revision async I/O was supported again?

Does Lustre have its own API for asynchronous I/O other than the usual POSIX AIO?  If there is a particular API, I would very much appreciate a pointer to it.  I have not been able to find any info on this.

Thanks for your help.

--Sam Cable