[lustre-devel] Lustre optimization for billion of files

Jean-Sébastien BEVILACQUA jsbevilacqua at linagora.com
Wed Jul 22 00:59:55 PDT 2020

Hello,

I am working on adding Lustre support to Openstack Cinder and Openstack
Swift (conception step).
I created a blueprint for Cinder here:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cinder/+spec/add-lustre-driver

I am currently looking for ways to optimize the file access. For what I
know, Lustre is better in managing few big files instead of a lot small
files. An optimization would be to store lot of small files in one big
file managed on Openstack side.

  * I would like to know what you thing about it ?
  * Do you have ideas about others optimizations ?
  * Do you know about optimizations on the Lustre side ?

Sincerely,
Jean-Sébastien BEVILACQUA

--
Jean-Sébastien BEVILACQUA>