[lustre-devel] [robinhood-v4] Help wanted

Quentin Bouget ypsah at devyard.org
Sun Jul 11 08:05:32 PDT 2021

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for someone interested in contributing a lustre/robinhood-v4
connector.

The work involves converting Lustre changelog records into RobinHood
fsevents. [0] [1] [2]

I am willing to groom and maintain any code that the community will be
able to contribute, but I am not interested in doing the ground work
myself. I would be happy to guide and help anyone who steps up to the
task though.

I still expect LU-12574 [3] to be a blocker for any filesystem using
DNEv2, but besides that, the complexity of writing the converter itself
should be minimal.

Feel free to contact me directly if you want more information, or
respond on the mailing list.

Cheers,
Quentin

[0] https://github.com/cea-hpc/librobinhood/blob/main/doc/internals.rst#fsevent
[1] https://github.com/cea-hpc/librobinhood/blob/main/include/robinhood/fsevent.h
[2] https://github.com/cea-hpc/rbh-fsevents
[3] https://jira.whamcloud.com/browse/LU-12574

PS: for those who do not recognize this email address, I quit CEA a few
    months ago, you may have better known me as quentin.bouget at cea.fr