[lustre-devel] 回复: Recommendation for hsm_restore for directories

Degremont, Aurelien degremoa at amazon.fr
Thu Nov 25 07:32:36 PST 2021

Hi

Thanks for the pointer.

> Similar to archive, when restore a directory, we should also use open flags O_IGNORE_IBITS_LOCK | O_IGNORE_EXTENT_LOCK to create files and resync data without taking any locks.
Based on this ticket I understand that your proposal is to add new flags to ignore parent directory locking when creating new files, right?

I thought about that approach but I was afraid this could be a bit painful.
This flag would have to be checked in a lot of different places in the code, probably not only open.
I wanted also to keep the possibility to create new files in a released directory without needing to restore it. Requiring the actual only really when calling readdir
I was wondering if other thinks the best approach, maybe it is.

Aurélien

De : Qian Yingjin <qian at ddn.com>
Date : jeudi 25 novembre 2021 à 15:33
À : "lustre-devel at lists.lustre.org" <lustre-devel at lists.lustre.org>, "Degremont, Aurelien" <degremoa at amazon.fr>