[lustre-devel] lnet selftest using large NIDs (16 byte)

Yitschak, Yehuda yehuday at amazon.com
Thu Nov 3 13:07:06 PDT 2022

>     There is no support for this work in 2.12. You are going to have to move to a
> newer lustre version. LND forward
>     porting shouldn't be to painful. The biggest change is the LNet health work
> but it's not a hard requirement.
>     What will need to be changed is support for the large nid support. By that I
> mean moving from
>
>    lnet_nid_t  -> struct lnet_nid
>
>    The port will be easier than you think.

Thanks for clarifying. By hacking the addressing I mean I use 4 bytes NID and just patch the address in the LND.
Last time I moved Lustre versions my main issues was with the build and install process, not the actual rebase
I found it challenging to build lustre for my specific kernel and Distro.
Anyway, I'll give a try and see how it goes.