[Lustre-discuss] strange slowdown

Aaron Knister aaron at iges.org
Thu Dec 13 08:24:49 PST 2007

Please bear with me while I try to explain this problem. It's very
strange.

I have a 33TB lustre file system with 5.6 underlying LUNs. The
interconnect is infiniband. Any write I/O to the disk causes the mount
to hang, and the underlying disk starts doing lots and lots of tiny
reads for about 10 minutes. There is only one client mounted and this
small I/O continues after killling the client. I am running lustre
1.6.3 with the latest rhel5 kernel on rhel5. I cannot find any
suggestive error messages and am at a loss. It's a production
filesystem and it's pretty much unusable.

-Aaron