[Lustre-discuss] Lustre NFs expport

Oleg Drokin Oleg.Drokin at Sun.COM
Tue Dec 18 19:11:33 PST 2007

Hello!

On Dec 17, 2007, at 5:53 AM, Mertol Ozyoney wrote:
> To my understanding  (My knowledge on Linux is not broad)
> We will have stable NFS export capabilities both for 1.4x and 1.6.x
> with in
> weeks? (Project will be istalled in februrary and NFS Gateways might
> wait
> till the end of fabruary)

Yes, I think so. In fact some people use 1.4.x NFS servers right now
and the most
annoying problem so far is speed issue tracked in bug 13371.

> Basically we will attach a Sun 25k to Lustre partition.
> I plan to use 2x Gateway server each with IB to Lustre and 10 Gbit
> ethernet
> to 25k .

Make sure you have enough bus bandwidth on the gateway for both
connections.
If you plan to run two separate instances of NFS servers to same
lustre FS on same
gateways, you need to come up with some way for sun25k (I presume it
is single
machine with many CPUs?) to use both NFS servers for same export.

> PS: BTW do HP support IB loadbalancing with their version of Lustre?

I do not know. I'm not even sure what IB loadbalancing is.

Bye,
     Oleg