[Lustre-discuss] samba share

Papp Tamas tompos at martos.bme.hu
Fri Dec 21 05:56:36 PST 2007

helo!

I have a very serious problem.

If I share a lustre mount on a client with samba, I cannot mount it
with windows or linux.

On linux I get this error message:

retrying with upper case share name
mount error 6 = No such device or address
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

On windows it says, the share is does not exist or permission denied.

In the samba's log also I see this:

  '/mnt/lustre' does not exist or permission denied when connecting to
[lustre] Error was Permission denied

The lustre version is the new 1.6.4.1 on both side (client and server)
with samba 3.0.25b-1.el5_1.4 (uptodate CentOS 5).

Still I can't try it with an older client.

This is a major problem for us. Could anybody help?

Thank you,

tamas