[Lustre-discuss] uOSS and older OSS's mount on same server

Nathan Rutman Nathan.Rutman at Sun.COM
Fri Nov 2 10:43:51 PDT 2007

Mertol Ozyoney wrote:

> Hi All;
>
> I need help on answering a few questions.
>
> 1) Some OSS’s use older lustre (1.4x) some OSS’s use Lustre 1.6x or
> newer. Can the clients mount both of the systems volumes?

The 1.4 clients will only know about the 1.4 OSTs. 1.6 clients will see
both, assuming you upgraded the MDT/MGS to 1.6 as well.

> 2) Some OSS’s use older Lustre (1.4x) some OSS’s use uOSS 1,7 on
> solaris, Can the clients mount both of the systems volumes ?

uOSS isn't a released product afaik. In any case, we only support
1.4-1.6 interoperability, not 1.4-1.7/8.