[Lustre-discuss] mdt mgs ost's on same node?

Oleg Drokin Oleg.Drokin at Sun.COM
Wed Nov 7 13:34:58 PST 2007

Hello!

On Nov 7, 2007, at 3:52 PM, Brock Palen wrote:

> We would like to run a mdt and mgs on a node that will also have
> devices providing some ost's  is this a problem?  Does it run into
> the same problems as a client thats also a server has leaving us in
> unrecoverable state?

Yes, this has similar recovery implications at the moment - this
configuration will not have recovery working, because mds that is a
client of ost is not available for replay. But we plan to fix this
eventually.

Bye,
     Oleg