[Lustre-discuss] LVM with Lustre

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Wed Nov 7 14:21:59 PST 2007

On Nov 07, 2007  09:30 -0700, Robert LeBlanc wrote:
> I know that Lustre is looking to use ZFS in the future, but has anyone used
> LVM with Lustre to perform snapshots? This would be helpful for us to get a
> consistent back-up of the filesystem on a daily basis.

There was some work done to be able to mount Lustre from LVM snapshots.
This required that the Lustre configuration was rewritten on the snapshot
in order to change the filesystem name so that different OST/MDT names
will be used at mount time.

Sr. Software Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.