[Lustre-discuss] How to put 2 nids

Wojciech Turek wjt27 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 9 03:16:24 PST 2007

Hi,

In /etc/modprobe.conf you should put following line
options lnet networks=tcp0(eth2),tcp1(eth1)
Where eth2 is for example connected to public network NIC and eth1 is
connected to private network NIC
This line need to be entered on all OSS and MDS's and MGS's. Also all
your Lustre servers need to be able to communicate on both networks.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers

Wojciech Turek

On 9 Nov 2007, at 11:02, José M. Martín wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My MGS/MDT has two NICs, one public, one private. I have problem
> with the
> NIDs. If I use the private NID (192.168.2.1) I can't mount clients
> from out
> and viceversa. How can I fix this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --