[Lustre-discuss] Problems & partial success on PPC64 (XServe G5) Debian cluster

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Tue Nov 13 13:18:24 PST 2007

On Nov 12, 2007  14:55 -0600, Robert Olson wrote:
> Since I've got my shiny new PPC64-based Debian Etch installation
> going, I decided to give Lustre another shot on my mac cluster (no
> cross-compilers required).

As a starting point - we basically never test Lustre with a big-endian
server, so while it works in theory I would instead suggest starting
with a big-endian client and little-endian servers first, get that working,
and then tackle the big endian server separately (likely using something
like 2.6.22 ext4 as the starting point for ldiskfs, since the extent code
has proper endian swabbing already).  You could also try without mballoc
and extents on the OSTs.

Sr. Software Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.