[Lustre-discuss] Several LOV on th same MDT

Evgeny Altunin aea2005 at mail.ru
Tue Nov 13 23:23:50 PST 2007

Hi everyone,

I have several storage for OST of different size, reliability and
performance. The idea is to group them in different LOV on the same MDT.

The questions are:
1. Is that the right/working way of doing this?
2. Can I mount more then one LOV on one client?

I could also group them into number of directories with different stripe
start and count settings. Let's say /lfs/dir1 has stripes on OSTs 0-3,
/lfs/dir2  on OSTs 4-7, and os on. But I couldn't add new OSTs to
/lfs/dir1 in that case.

Thanks,
Evgeny