[Lustre-discuss] Problem mounting Lustre from another network

Klaus Steden klaus.steden at thomson.net
Thu Nov 15 17:27:22 PST 2007

Hello,

I've got Lustre now set up using two networks. When the file system was
built, only one of these networks was present and configured. I have no
problems communicating with Lustre from hosts on the network that it was
built with, but when I try to mount from the network I've just added, I get
this error:

-- client --
mount -t lustre tm0-0 at tcp1:tm0-1 at tcp1:/lustre /mnt/lustremount.lustre: mount
tm0-0 at tcp1:tm0-1 at tcp1:/lustre at /mnt/lustre failed: No such file or
directory
Is the MGS specification correct?
Is the filesystem name correct?
If upgrading, is the copied client log valid? (see upgrade docs)
-- client --

I can see all of the various operational units (OSS nodes, primary and
secondary MDS nodes) both over regular TCP/IP and via the various 'ltcl'
commands (peer_list, conn_list), and can see the client there. However, if I
run 'lctl dl' on the client, nothing shows up.

Why is this happening, and what can I do to fix it? I've scoured the 'net
and list archives, but I haven't found anything that sheds any light on the
problem.

thanks,
Klaus