[Lustre-discuss] LBUG

Oleg Drokin Oleg.Drokin at Sun.COM
Fri Nov 16 07:46:37 PST 2007

Hello!

On Nov 16, 2007, at 8:43 AM, Wojciech Turek wrote:
>>> We've seen LBUG message today. It happened during failover of one
>>> OSS's to another one.
>> Actually messages suggest that there was mds failover as well.
> Can you specify which messages suggest that ? I am asking because as
> far as I can see there was no MDS failover. We have failover
> configured with heartbeat I can see everything stayed on the same
> server.

Nov 15 22:10:14 darwin kernel: Lustre: ddn_home-MDT0000-
mdc-00000100cff22800: Connection restored to service ddn_home-MDT0000
using nid 10.143.245.201 at tcp.

This message means that connection was restored to your MDS.
I cannot tell if it was indeed failover (sorry, I used wrong word),
but I can tell this client disconnected from MDS previously and later
reconnected to it by this message.
I assumed since you were speaking of failovers MDS might have been
failed over as well (due to disconnection), but this is not necessary
the case.

Bye,
     Oleg