[Lustre-discuss] trying to BRW to non-existent file xyz

Oleg Drokin Oleg.Drokin at Sun.COM
Mon Nov 26 09:33:02 PST 2007

Hello!

On Nov 26, 2007, at 12:08 PM, Bernd Schubert wrote:

> when an OST reports "trying to BRW to non-existent file xyz", how
> can I find
> out which file the inode xyz belongs to?

Usually there is none. Can you tell us more about situations where you
see this?
Were there any evictions?
One common scenario for this kind of errors is this:
Client opens a file. File gets unlinked. Client is evicted from mds,
mds notices
it held last reference to a file and issue destroy request for file
objects (effectively
removing file objects on OSTs).
Now if client would continue to access the file (because it was not
evicted from ost
or if it reconnected), you will get these errors.

You can do e.g. lfs find /mountpoint -v for your fs (which I guess
would take quite a
while if it's big) and then grep the output for interesting objectid
(just pay
attention that ost index should also match).

Bye,
     Oleg