[Lustre-discuss] Exporting Lustre volume via NFS hangs NFS daemons

Dan dan at nerp.net
Tue Nov 27 10:00:42 PST 2007

Hi,

I'm running Lustre 1.6.3 on a 64 bit RHEL 4 update 5.  I've exported the
Lustre volume via NFS to 20 32 bit RHEL 3 update 6 clients.  I can
mount, create files and write to them at first but the NFS daemons all
go into an I/O wait state and never return.  Since they cannot be killed
the only solution is rebooting.  Increasing the number of daemons allows
it to run longer before all available are hung up.  I get no errors to
console or logs maybe I'm not looking in the right place?  Trying to
unmount the NFS export results in infinite wait unless I use lazy
umount.

This is similar to bug #13030 but that was landed for 1.6.3 which I'm
running.  How do I make this work?  Suggestions?  Thanks,

Dan