[Lustre-discuss] lustre osd implementation

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Fri Nov 30 15:32:15 PST 2007

On Nov 28, 2007  22:59 -0500, Ashish Bijlani wrote:
> is it feasible to make it work with OSD T10? has there been attempts in the
> past?

Seems very unlikely.  That isn't to say that Lustre can't use T10 disks
in a back-end storage configuration (i.e. behind a filesystem on an OSS
node), but I don't think it is at all practical to have Lustre interoperate
with T10 disks directly.

That said, my knowledge of T10 is superficial and outdated.

> On Nov 28, 2007 10:33 PM, Andreas Dilger <adilger at sun.com> wrote:
> > On Nov 28, 2007  19:16 -0500, Ashish Bijlani wrote:
> > > does lustre support OSD T10 standard? Can it be used with IBM's/Intel's
> > > OSD initiator and target?
> >
> > No, Lustre does not follow T10.

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.