[Lustre-discuss] LVM array not found after upgrade to 1.6.0.1

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Mon Oct 1 09:20:11 PDT 2007

We were running the 2.6.9-42.0.2.ELsmp kernel and upgraded to the
2.6.9-42.0.10.EL_lustre-1.6.0.1smp Lustre kernel. After the reboot, a LVM
array on 2 external SCSI array was no longer found. I upgraded LVM,
device-mapper and dmraid from source RPMS, but that didn't work either.
Since the data was backed up, I went ahead and recreated the array,
however, only half of the storage is reported.

Previously:
sda - 4 TB
sdb - 4 TB
LVM sda and sdb to logical group 'raidvg' - 8 TB

Now:
sda - 1.5TB
sdb - 1.5TB
LVM sda and sdb to logical group 'raidvg' - 3 TB

What could have changed from the stock RedHat kernel to the Lustre kernel?

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility