[Lustre-discuss] Performance problems with Lustre 1.6.1

Juan Piernas Canovas juan.piernascanovas at pnl.gov
Mon Oct 1 16:08:51 PDT 2007

Hi Kilian,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have also read that a deadlock can occur,
but I have not had that problem so far.

I have forgotten to mention that if I use 8 independent files, one per
OST, and every process reads the file in its OST, the performance is
even better. Therefore, I assume (maybe, wrongly) that this is a
consistency/synchronization problem when several process access to the
same file, even when all of them are reading non-overlapped portions.

Regards,

    Juan.