[Lustre-discuss] _netdev not mounting..

Brian J. Murrell brian at clusterfs.com
Mon Oct 1 21:49:02 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-10 at 15:57 -0600, Lundgren, Andrew wrote:
> I have added the _netdev option to my fstab entries to prevent the ost
> and clients from coming online before the network is active.  However,
> in my current configuration, they don't automatically mount at all.
>
> I am testing with CentOS 5 and lustre 1.6.2.

Interesting.  I think on centos this should still work.
The /etc/init.d/netfs script is what (historicallY) is supposed to mount
_netdev filesystems.

>   Should I need to add my own start script to get these to auto mount
> the lustre types, or should another service be running that will
> trigger the netdev fstab entries to mount?

The netfs initscript is supposed to be doing that.  I have been coming
to the discovery that SLES 10, however has ceased shipping that script.
There is an open bug in bugzilla regarding this issue.  To our knowledge
however, this situation only exists on SLES 10.

b.