[Lustre-discuss] e2fsprogs

Kalpak Shah kalpak at clusterfs.com
Thu Oct 4 12:09:35 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 12:55 -0600, Lundgren, Andrew wrote:
> The manuals mention that lustre requires a 1.38cfs or newer version of
> the e2fsprogs that understand extents.   Is the version 1.39 coming
> with CentOS 5 new enough, or do I need to install the version from the
> clusterfs website?

The e2fsprogs-1.39 shipped with CentOS would not be useful since it
does not have extents support plus some other patches. So you should
install e2fsprogs from the clusterfs website.

> I did get 1.40 version from the cluster FS, but it requires an older
> version of db-4 than what comes with CentOS 5, so I am not sure if
> installing it is the right thing to do.

We are currently working to remove the external dependency on db-4 and
replace it with tdb which is available in e2fsprogs-1.40 itself. Until
this work is finished, you can try installing an older version of db4.

Thanks,
Kalpak.