[Lustre-discuss] Redundance with Lustre

"José M. Martín" jmartin at onsager.ugr.es
Tue Oct 9 15:16:27 PDT 2007

Hi,

I'm consideranding to install Lustre in my job's cluster.
Scenario is: 19 dedicated nodes, with 250 GB SATA disk (OST) and a
server node (MDS) with RAID 1. My objetive is to create a fs with Lustre
using free space in each node. I have readed the manual, but I have
doubts about redundance. What happens if a disk fail (hardware failure)?
Will the data in that disk be lost? Is there any kind of RAID5 o 6
between the disk mounted in the nodes (distribuited RAID to prevent
hardware failures)?

Thanks in avant.