[Lustre-discuss] speed counters? default quotas?

Andreas Dilger adilger at clusterfs.com
Wed Oct 10 16:21:04 PDT 2007

On Oct 09, 2007  09:57 -0400, Brock Palen wrote:
> Is there a simple way from one host to get some counters data that
> could be used to gauge the performance lustre is providing under a
> given load?
>
> We would like the following:
>
> Read_byte/sec
> Write_byte/sec
> Create/sec
> modify/sec
>
> We would prefer to do this form one host (mds?)

There are stats for this, but not in a single location.  The metadata stats
can be seen with e.g. "llstat -i 1 mds" on the MDS, and the IO stats can be
seen on the individual OSTs with "llstat -i 1 ost_io".  There are other
stats counters, please read the documentation.
http://manual.lustre.org/manual/LustreManual16_HTML/DynamicHTML-20-1.html

> Last is there a way to set a system wide default quota?  Say all
> users get a 1TByte quota on /scratch by default.

Yes, Lustre supports quotas.   Please see the documentation.
http://manual.lustre.org/manual/LustreManual16_HTML/DynamicHTML-09-1.html

Principal Software Engineer
Cluster File Systems, Inc.