[Lustre-discuss] Lustre 1.6.1 and Performance Issue

anhvu.q.le at exxonmobil.com anhvu.q.le at exxonmobil.com
Thu Oct 11 04:50:49 PDT 2007

Our Lustre file system currently comprises 6 HP DL380s with dual, dual core
2.66 GHz Intel Xeon processors and 8GB of RAM.  Two servers are used for
Lustre metadata and the remaining 4 are used for object storage, each
equipped with dual, dual port Qlogic card and a Infiniband SDR card.  Both
metadata servers are directly attached to a HP SFS20 storage array (RAID
5).  Two EMC CX-380 storage couplets front 144 TB usable SATA II disk and
are attached to the OSSs via 4 Gb Fibre Channel (FC).  Each of the OSS's
Qlogic ports function as a primary path for three OSTs - 3TB LUNs.  The
problem that I am having is that regardless how we stripe our Lustre file
systems, our aggregate performance is always somewhat the performance of a
single OST - which is around 700MB/s.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Anhvu Q. Le
ExxonMobil GSC Information Technology
Business Line Infrastructure, Technical Systems
Phone: 713-431-4739
Email: anhvu.q.le at exxonmobil.com