[Lustre-discuss] Lustre 1.6.3 - where are the bug fixes?

Andreas Dilger adilger at clusterfs.com
Fri Oct 12 03:29:08 PDT 2007

On Oct 12, 2007  08:53 +0200, Niklas Edmundsson wrote:
> OK, I know that there is supposedly some QA before lustre releases and
> that it might be the reason for fixes taking such a long time to
> propagate, but still: It takes too long for fixes to end up in a
> released version...

I tend to agree that it does take a long time between releases, and
we are definitely trying to improve this.

> The pkg-lustre packaging has six fixes from bugzilla applied, they
> seem to have munged the bug numbers but it seems that only three of
> them are in the 1.6.3 changelog.

Could you please indicate which bugs are missing?

> We have locally applied fixes from bug 13438 (lustre is totally
> useless without it due to servers OOPS:ing) and 13614. None of them
> seems to be in the 1.6.3 changelog.

The 13614 patch is actually in 1.6.3 under the original bug number
where the patch came from (bug 13596).

As for 13438, I cannot explain why this didn't make it into the 1.6.3
release, since it was definitely ready in time.

Principal Software Engineer
Cluster File Systems, Inc.