[Lustre-discuss] Hardware Question

Peter Avakian Peter.Avakian at Sun.COM
Wed Oct 17 12:02:40 PDT 2007

If the intention is not size, but to spread your I/Os on as many spindles as
possible, you could still have these volume groups.  Once you create these
volumes, you could have them sliced into multiple LUNs where their
collective sizes are acceptable by EXT3.

Regards

-Peter

From: lustre-discuss-bounces at clusterfs.com
[mailto:lustre-discuss-bounces at clusterfs.com] On Behalf Of Aaron Knister
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 7:30 PM
To: Andreas Dilger
Cc: lustre-discuss at clusterfs.com; Lundgren, Andrew
Subject: Re: [Lustre-discuss] Hardware Question

So if I have arrays with 15 drives in them should I just configure two
smaller arrays? Also if I make a giant 30 terabyte filesystem of underlying
say 6TB disk arrays and one of my disk arrays bites the dust what happens to
the rest of the filesystem and how easy is it to recover from this
situation?

-Aaron