[Lustre-discuss] Lustre on mpath devices

Cliff White Cliff.White at Sun.COM
Wed Oct 24 16:09:50 PDT 2007

Klaus Steden wrote:
> Does device multi-pathing have to be configured before the file system has
> been created?

Lustre needs a consistent device name, so I would say yes.

> Is there any documentation I should be referring to on the Lustre side to
> get this set up?

No, as long as you give Lustre something that looks like a block device
it's fine. There is no special setup for multipath devices. Which is why
the consistent device name is important.

cliffw