[Lustre-discuss] Experienced New User needing help

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Thu Oct 25 07:23:08 PDT 2007

Check
http://manual.lustre.org

When you mount the mds/mgs with -t lustre it activates the server.
You will also need 1 or more OSS (mkfs.lustre --ost  )

You will then need to also mount it

Then on the client you mount like nfs

mount -t lustre mgshost:/lustre /test_share/

All the lustre information is built on top of ext3+patches,  but you
can not access it directly (unless you mount without -t lustre which
mounts it ext3)

This is all spelled out in the manual.

Brock Palen
Center for Advanced Computing