[Lustre-discuss] Lustre and Infiniband

Nathan Allen Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Mon Oct 29 05:36:35 PDT 2007

I am working to build a pool of xen dom0 with lustre support, since lustre
1.6.3 and xen 3.1.0 both use 2.6.18 kernel it was easier then I thought to
patch them both in. However I have not been able to find much info on
infiniband setup. I was using Gluster over infiniband using OFED 2.5.1 so
I know all my hardware works just fine.

It looks like I need to specify --with-openib=, but I can't find that in
OFED 2.5.1, so went back release by release and found that OFED 1.1 had
openib-1.1.tgz in the SOURCES directory. If I build OFED with the standard
build scripts it works fine, however, if I try to build openib-1.1 I no
longer get my ib0 and ib1 interfaces.

Anyone know a quickstart or howto on getting infiniband to work? My setup
is Fedora 7, with 2.6.18 kernel patched with xend and lustre 1.6.3. I
started with OFED 2.5.1 only because that is what I used before, but I am
open to anything that works with Lustre. I am using the Mellanox MT23108
cards for HBAs.

><>
Nathan Stratton                         CTO, 264 Networks, LLC
nathan at robotics.net                  nathan at 264networks.com
http://www.robotics.net                 http://www.264networks.com