[Lustre-discuss] Lustre Performance

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Mon Oct 29 16:26:47 PDT 2007

I have to agree with Brian, the scalability factor is where Lustre really
shines. One more thing to add would be to try different stripe sizes. Each
application has its own optimal stripe size so experiment with different
stripes.

On our 19 dual channel bonded GigE OSTs, we see sustained speeds of 200
GB/s when reading the NCBI databases.