[Lustre-discuss] Lustre routers capabilities

Sébastien Buisson sebastien.buisson at bull.net
Thu Apr 10 01:06:40 PDT 2008

Let's consider that the internal bus of the machine is bigger enough so
that it will not be saturated. In that case, what will be the limiting
factor? memory? CPU?
I know that it depends on how many I/B cards are plugged in the machine,
but generally speaking, is the routing activity CPU or memory hungry?

By the way, are there people on that list that have feedback about
Lustre routers sizing? For instance, I know that Lustre routers have
been set up at the LLNL. What is the throughput obtained via the
routers, compared to the raw bandwidth of the interconnect?

Thanks,
Sebastien.