[Lustre-discuss] LMT 2.6.0

Herb Wartens wartens2 at llnl.gov
Thu Apr 10 03:33:38 PDT 2008

> Hi Chris,
>
> I think Herb is reporting for jury duty today so I'll speak up and let him
> follow up later if I missed anything.
>
> There are text clients (ltop and lstat).  I haven't tried running
> the GUI remotely and tunneling the X session, or running the client
> locally and tunneling mysql protocol, but I don't know of anything
> architectural that would prevent either from working.

Hi Chris,
As Jim stated you should have no problem running the GUI over an SSH
tunnel.  The performance may suffer though depending on your network
setup.  If you prefer could either of the text-based clients ltop or
lstat.

> We'll get some screenshots out there.  Herb was reticent to publish
> LMT without good documentation, but I encouraged him because there were
> a couple of people anxious to try it out.  So the lack of screenshots/
> documentation is my bad - we'll try to fix that as time permits.

I actually updated the documentation on the site.  It is not great, but
should help you get started.  There is no FAQ yet though.  I will probably
build one up as people encounter issues.