[Lustre-discuss] root rights and permissions

Enrico Morelli morelli at cerm.unifi.it
Mon Apr 21 07:17:13 PDT 2008

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 15:47:18 +0200
Johann Lombardi <johann at Sun.COM> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 03:21:34PM +0200, Enrico Morelli wrote:
> > I'm a new lustre user.
> > I'd search for some documentation about the root permissions in
> > Lustre without results. My answer is: how can reduce root
> > permissions on a lustre client?
> >
> > Using NFS I have no_root_squash option, but under Lustre I don't
> > find anything similar to that.
>
> FYI, the root squash functionality will be available in 1.6.5 (see
> bug 12749).
>
> Cheers,
> Johann

Thanks for the answer. So for the moment I hope that no one using Linux
trying to become a lustre client.

Are there other solutions?

       (o_
(o_    //\  Coltivate Linux che tanto Windows si pianta da solo.
|     ENRICO MORELLI         |  email: morelli at CERM.UNIFI.IT       |
| *     *       *       *    |  phone: +39 055 4574269             |
|  University of Florence    |  fax  : +39 055 4574253             |
|  CERM - via Sacconi, 6 -  50019 Sesto Fiorentino (FI) - ITALY    |