[Lustre-discuss] Client is not accesible when OSS/OST server is down

Tue Apr 29 07:53:01 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 12:21 +0900, jungdoo yoon wrote:

>  When  OSS/OST server is down, lustre client is
> not accesible by any means ( ssh, telnet ).
> I guess it is hung over lustre partition.

Unless you are using Lustre for your root and/or usr filesystem and/or
for swap, Lustre should not hang a machine completely.

When a machine is hung as you describe, we generally want to see a stack
trace from all of the processes.  Given that you cannot access the
machine once it's in this state, you will need to get stack traces from
the console.  You can do this by sending a BREAK-t.  You will want to be
able to capture the output from the serial console as there will be
much.

b.