[Lustre-discuss] lustre and noatime option

Lundgren, Andrew Andrew.Lundgren at Level3.com
Wed Apr 30 07:48:23 PDT 2008

In my test cluster, I tried mounting with the noatime parameter.  It was not supported for the client or the OSTs.

You mention the largest performance gain below, did you change that yourself, or did lustre change that with the install?  If you changed it, how high did you set it?

For our web server, we really don't care when the files were read, they will be there anyway.  The atime info is not valuable to us at all, the writes are just overhead.

Thanks!

--
Andrew