[Lustre-discuss] question with mount.lustre truncating device name

Wed Aug 6 09:37:40 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 07:16 -0500, Chad Kerner wrote:
> Hello,
>
>       We are trying to get a 1.6.5.1 lustre system up and running.  We
> are using udev to map out our fiber channel devices.
> It looks like from mount_lustre.c that any device name that contains a
> numeric digit in the device name will get truncated.

Indeed.

You can change the NAME="disk/fc/fastt6e_0" in your udev rule to match
the device naming convention that is being assumed by mount.lustre and
that's that the only digits in the last path component are postfixed and
identify partitions.

If you don't install your own udev rule, what does the kernel name that
device by default?  Does it match the assumption that mount.lustre is
making?

b.