[Lustre-discuss] NFS and lustre

Klaus Steden klaus.steden at thomson.net
Wed Aug 6 12:21:44 PDT 2008

Hello Mag,

Some people on-list have tried it before, but it generally performs poorly.
I believe HP contributed some optimizations, but the consensus as recently
as the start of this year was that it will generally suck. Check the list
archives for more information, I believe CIFS was a better performer.

If you're exporting to Linux clients, going with native Lustre clients is
definitely a better option than using NFS (although you may not be doing
so).

cheers,
Klaus

On 8/5/08 7:25 PM, "Mag Gam" <magawake at gmail.com>did etch on stone tablets: