[Lustre-discuss] drbd async mode

Andrea Frittoli andrea.frittoli at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 00:05:32 PDT 2008

I'm trying a Lustre + DRBD set-up, I would like to use DRBD with the
following setup:

on MDS: DRBD emulates an MDT on shared storage. From Lustre
perspective one MDS is active, the other is passive
on OSS: BRBD emulates two OST on shared storage for each OSS couple.
From Lustre perspective each OSS is active for one OST and passive for
the other.

I'm planning to use DRBD in active/passive mode, so that the storage
is mounted only on the active server, and luster is mounted on top.
I'm not sure how to sync the mount/umount of the DRBD partition and
the mount of MDT/OST upon failover.

The target setup shall have 2 MDS (1 couple) and 8 OST (4 couples),
dedicate LANs for heartbeat and drbd.

Do you have any details of your setup you may share about this?

TIA!