[Lustre-discuss] VMWare or VirtualBox..

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Sun Aug 17 07:08:33 PDT 2008

There seem to be a couple of assumptions here that would be worth
examining further.

My first thought is that running Lustre under something like Xen might
be very usefull for virtualization, failover, and load balancing.

If there is some potential resource deadlock that could occur, there ought
to be some diagram or documentation of what deadlocks are possible. It
would be a lot of work to conclusively figure out what the potential
deadlocks actually are.. But it seems like a worthwhile excercise, and
running Lustre in a VM would be a good way to do QA testing so that new
deadlocks are not added by code changes.