[Lustre-discuss] HLRN lustre breakdown

Peter Jones Peter.A.Jones at Sun.COM
Wed Aug 20 10:08:34 PDT 2008

Hi there

I got the following background information from Juergen Kreuels at SGI

"It turned out that a bad disk ( which did NOT report itself as being
bad ) killed the lustre leading to data corruption due to inode areas on
that disk.
It was finally decided to remake the whole FS and only during that
action we finally ( after nearly 48 h ) found that bad drive.

It had nothing to do with the lustre FS itself. Lustre had been the
victim of a HW failure on a Raid6 lun."

I hope that this helps

PJones