[Lustre-discuss] Lustre File Locking not locking

Bernd Schubert bs at q-leap.de
Thu Aug 21 02:05:54 PDT 2008

On Thursday 21 August 2008 10:52:12 Darren George wrote:
> Hi,
> I am having problems with file locking or the lack of it.
> I'm setting up a lustre environment consisting of a co-lo MGS/MDS and 3
> OSS server.  I am using CTDB and SAMBA to get windows to co-operate.
> I have configured the OSS server to also be clients in order to get
> CTDB/SAMBA working.
> All seems okay and working apart from file locking which is not working
> from a linux or windows prospective.

You provided quite a lot information, but not a single prove the locking
doesn't work. How did you figure that out?

[...]

> I have mounted the clients on all OSS server using the following commands
                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What does "on all OSS server" mean? Are you using your servers also as Lustre
clients? This might/will deadlock.

> mkdir -p /mnt/lustre
> mount -t lustre -o flock 192.168.3.171 at tcp0:/lustre /mnt/lustre
>
> As you can see I have used the -o flock on the client mount command.

Did you already try "-o localflock"?

Cheers,
Bernd

--