[Lustre-discuss] Liblustreapi crash

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Thu Aug 21 02:12:05 PDT 2008

On Aug 19, 2008  10:36 -0400, Suvendra Nath Dutta wrote:
> Since this got no response, I wanted to add that fundamentally we just want
> to get group quota limits. So right now we are reduced to calling lfs quota
> -g group and then parsing the output of that call to something sensible and
> printing to screen. Is this the expected protocol? Any thought on how to
> make this work seamlessly through linux quota?

The problem with the linux quota tools (and the API in general) is that
it requires a block device to work on, which just doesn't exist for a
network filesystem.

I know that both LLNL and NERSC have modified quota tools that work for
both Lustre and other filesystems, using the llapi_quotactl() function
instead of calling the quotactl() syscall for Lustre filesystems.

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.