[Lustre-discuss] New lustre message

Thu Aug 21 20:17:13 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 22:23 -0400, Brock Palen wrote:
> I don't know if this is a bad thing,  I was doing a stress of our new
> lustre install and managed to have a client kicked out with the
> following message on the OST that kicked it out:

To be clear the below message is not a client being evicted but rather a
client trying to reconnect after it has been evicted.

> Lustre: 6584:0:(ldlm_lib.c:760:target_handle_connect()) nobackup-
> OST0000: refuse reconnection from 749b3c01-4ac0-
> cc80-157c-86c845d6d60a at 10.164.1.93@tcp to 0x00000102f7cdc000; still
> busy with 6 active RPCs

The OSS is refusing to allow the client to reconnect however because it
is still trying to finish the transactions the client had in progress
when it was evicted.

> Was this just a result of hammering the filesystem really hard?

Could be, if the load was atypical and you have tuned your obd_timeout
for a more typical load.  Typically, until AT is in full swing, you need
to tune for your worst case scenario.

b.