[Lustre-discuss] OST crash recovery problem

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Tue Aug 26 06:35:38 PDT 2008

Mag Gam wrote:
> LOL... I am in the same situation, I want to see what problems other
> people have so I can try to help them and I can further avoid it. I am
> a big proponent of "your problems are my problems" :-)

When we first implemented Lustre, I had several learning curves with
OSTs going down, drives failing... Eventually we settled on backing up
the Lustre filesystem to a backup array in the case a OST would fail. It
does take some work, but we find that rebuilding Lustre after an OST
failure works for us.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu