[Lustre-discuss] lustre patches for e2fsprogs version 1.41.0?

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Wed Aug 27 11:50:47 PDT 2008

On Aug 27, 2008  12:43 +0200, Patrick Winnertz wrote:
> Are there any plans to support the latest e2fsprogs version with the lustre
> patches? If yes, is there a a bug in the bugzilla where the status can be
> viewed?

Yes, we update e2fsprogs to follow upstream fairly regularly, and will
be making a release based on 1.41 fairly soon.  Is there something
specific you are looking for from the 1.41 release?

The largest difference is that 1.41 has upstream support for the Lustre
extents format (also used in ext4), but the code is completely different.
It would be interesting to see whether the upstream e2fsck can fix all
of the test cases we have for corrupted extents.

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.