[Lustre-discuss] Softlockup issues. Lustre related?

Bernd Schubert bs at q-leap.de
Sat Aug 30 04:20:10 PDT 2008

Hello Alex,

sorry for the late reply, somehow missed your answer.

Alex Lee wrote:
> Hi Bernd,
>
> Your patching for d_rehash() for your servers? I thought the race
> conditions which causes the softlockup only happened on the patchless
> clients (which were running).
> The solution I saw was run lustre supplied kernel or run the iopen-misc
> patch on the kernel.
>
> Or did you mean you are already patched?

Well, we are using the same kernel for both, clients and servers, so we are
using a patched kernel anyway. Most of these patches don't have any affect on
llite (lustre-client), only the patches in vfs_races-* patching d_rehash()
still have. The last patch submitted yesterday in bug#15975 by 	Alexey also
removes this dependency.
Unfortunately, it has a side effect, since it makes my patch in bug #16417 not
to work anymore and customers are not happy when their filesystem fills up
with already deleted files :(

Cheers,
Bernd

--