[Lustre-discuss] page allocation failure

Mon Dec 1 07:14:58 PST 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 15:52 +0800, Wang lu wrote:
> Dear Brain,
>    There are two kinds of threads that "may be" ost thread
> ll_ost_** and ll_ost_io_**.

You do see that (in terms of name globs) ll_ost_** is a subset of
ll_ost_io_**, yes?  Ahh.  Perhaps you mean ll_ost_?? and ll_ost_io_??.

> Which one is ost thread? I am asking this question
> to make sure the module option works.
> in /etc/modprobe.conf:
>

> options ost oss_num_threads=200
> [root at boss03 ~]# ps -ef | grep ll_ost|wc -l
> 405
> [root at boss03 ~]# ps -ef | grep ll_ost_io|wc -l
> 201

Given that the count of ll_ost_io is 201 (which will include your grep
line) and that your count of ll_ost, which will include ll_ost_io as
well as the other threads is just over double that, I'd say that your
module option is working.

b.